Students in kindergarten through 8th grades will follow the dress code outlined below. We believe that students should be dressed for success. Clothing should be neat, clean and comfortable, primarily for classroom work. Uniforms must be manufactured by Schoolbelles or Lands’ End. Each company has created a specific website to stream-line and facilitate the purchasing process. Purchase of shoes, socks, and belts are not required through Lands’ End or Schoolbelles but must meet the uniform dress code.
- Collared polo style shirt long or short sleeve must be a solid color of white, navy blue, red, or dark green. Turtlenecks, in the approved shirt colors, can be worn under a sweater or sweat shirt.
- Short sleeves must be long enough to hit the center of the upper arm, half way between the shoulder and the elbow. Shirttails must be long enough to remain tucked in at all times. School logo is optional and only the SVS approved logo is permitted.
- Pullover sweaters, sweater-vests, button cardigan sweaters, or pullover sweatshirts may be worn over a collared shirt or turtleneck in one of the approved solid colored shirt colors.
- Slacks and shorts must be cotton twill type, flat or pleated front, with elastic or a fitted waist in either solid colors of navy blue or khaki. Waistline should be worn high enough to prevent undergarments from being exposed. Bottom hem must be cuffed or finished (no elastic) and may not drag on the floor. Shorts or skirts must be mid-thigh in length, but no longer than bottom of the knee. Shorts may never be worn to Mass.
- Belts must be worn if pants have belt loops (except students in kindergarten and first grade) Belts must be a solid and in the following colors: black, brown, navy, and khaki. Decorative, studded, or embellished belts are not allowed.
- Tennis shoes are recommended, or a solid rubber-soled shoe, as these are required for PE and are the safest on stairs and playgrounds. The tennis shoe may not rise above the ankle. Non-tennis shoes must have solid rubber soles and be black or brown.
- No boots, open toe shoes, sandals, heels, or slide-on shoes, such as mules or clogs
- Socks must be worn at all times and must be visible. Sock styles: athletic, trouser, ankle, knee-high, and tights. Sock colors: white, black, navy, and khaki. “No show” socks are not permitted.
- Purchase of shoes and socks is not required through Schoolbelles or Land’s End.
- Skirts and jumpers must be solid navy blue or khaki or the St. Vincent plaid, available through Lands’ End and Schoolbelles. Skirts and jumpers must be a cotton twill or polyester twill type.
- Length of skirt or jumper should be no shorter than 4” above the knee and no longer than the bottom of the knee.
- Hair should be neat and well-groomed. Artificial hair coloring permitted in natural shades only.
- Boys hair should be above the shirt collar, and bangs should not interfere with line of vision.
- Girls hair bands and clips must be solid in black, brown dress code shirt color, or St. Vincent plaid (through Schoolbelles and Land’s End only). Hair bows are not permitted.
- Earrings should not extend more than 1” below earlobe. No multiple earrings or facial jewelry.
The Principal may grant exemptions from school dress code for a given class or the entire school because for special days and events. The teaching staff and the administration have the authority to make decisions on appropriateness of dress as it conforms to the dress code.
Each company has created a specific website to streamline and facilitate your ability to fulfill the uniform requirements. Purchase of shoes, socks, and belts are not required through Lands’ End or Schoolbelles, but must meet the uniform dress code.
Schoolbelles can be accessed via a link on the St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School website. Simply click on the link and enter the school code when prompted. Our school code is S2568. Entering this code will present only SVS approved dress code items. Orders may also be made via phone, fax or mail.
2625 E. 62nd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46220
Land’s End can be accessed via a link on the St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School website. Simply click on the link and enter the school code when prompted. Our school code is 900055120. Entering this code will present only SVS approved dress code items. Orders may also be made via phone or mail.
School Code: 900055120